Friday, May 8, 2009

Surprise Shower for Arwen at GSP! - May 7th

Renee: "Hey Rachel, do you think you can come down to the photo studio today around noon? We need your help for a quick HP comp."
Rachel: "...You guys need a pregnant lady???"
Renee: "Um..... yeah."
Rachel: "Alright sure, that's fine - just call whenever you want me down there then..."

Perhaps I made it easy on them by not asking too many questions, but that conversation is exactly how my co-workers managed to get an unsuspecting-little-me to walk straight into an amazing baby shower that they threw for me at my work! It was honestly one of the biggest surprises since... well, maybe since finding out I was having a baby (*haha*), though apparently it had all been planned and coordinated right under my nose! I'm actually pretty shocked that I so truly didn't suspect a thing!


After I walked in the photo studio to a group of people shouting "Surprise!" it still took a couple stunned-moments for me to realize what it was all for... balloons, flowers, baby decorations and confetti, clotheslines strung with adorable little girl clothes, a beautiful catered lunch, and yummy cakes! As it began to sink-in, I became just overwhelmed (and choked-up!) by what an extravagant and thoughtful production it all was! They draped a playful little satiny purple "mom to be" sash over my shoulder, and as we ate and enjoyed, they also presented me with an *incredibly* generous gift that everyone had helped to pitch-in for!


It really meant just the *world* to me that so many hands got involved in doing something like that for me and my little kiddo-to-be! Sometimes I'm just amazed at how much God has used such kind and generous people at this job as a means of provision and encouragement during this whole journey so far, and I honestly couldn't feel more blessed to work where I do, and be surrounded with the kind of sweet and gracious people that are there! Such an incredible gift!

Matthew 6:25-34
"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like on of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself..."

No comments:

Post a Comment