Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Baby's first Rock Show at The Fillmore! - May 18th, 2009

Perhaps it's not the most "typical" thing in the world for a woman who's expecting to have a baby in less than 3 weeks to go to a rock concert in the City, *but* one of my absolute favorite bands, Doves, just so happened to be playing in San Francisco on May 18th, and I figured little Arwen would want to hear them play live for the first time just as much as I did! The show was at The Fillmore, and since people travel from all over specifically to see bands play at such a historical theatre, it was yet another reason why I felt like it was important to take this precious little kiddo to experience a great concert there! Katie and I got our tickets to the sold-out show quite a while back, (and since tickets for children under zero are free, I thought it was quite a deal *hehe*). Now if I'm lucky, maybe all this music exposure will make it so that she'll start falling asleep to rock songs once she's born! (Mom's wishful thinking? ;)... probably).

(Katie, me, & Arwen-to-be, posed in front of the Doves' tour bus with our traditional Fillmore posters and red apples which the venue has a reputation for handing out after shows. I think Arwen appreciated the apple more than the poster...)
Oh, and our adventure didn't end there unfortunately. Once the show was over we walked back to Pantherforce Galactica ZRX The Magnificent (that's the name of my VW Jetta) to head home, but she wouldn't start!!! *Ugh* Really?! By this time it was about 12:30a.m. so once I called my insurance company to please send us help, Katie and I waited patiently for the tow truck to arrive, and sleepily tried to make the best of the setback as we stood outside in the cold, watching the guy slowly pull her up onto the flatbed... *Sigh*... gotta love all the fun little unexpected adventures in life right?... *hehe*, oh man...

Song of Solomon 2:11-13
"See! The winter is past;
the rains are over and gone.
Flowers appear on the earth;
the season of singing has come,
the cooing of doves
is heard in our land.
The fig tree forms its early fruit;
the blossoming vines spread their fragrance.
Arise, come, my darling;
my beautiful one, come with me."

No comments:

Post a Comment